YourToyTrains updated the description for this HO Scale Steam Locomotive. The price of $399.95 for this HO steam locomotive loaded with features is a real bargain: The Bachmann HO Spectrum 70 Ton Climax W/DCC Sound Value Painted-Unlettered models the Climax Class "C" 70 Ton Steam Locomotive. The "Climax" line of locomotives were geared steam locomotives primarily used in logging operations. While approximately 1000 of this type locomotive was built between 1888 and 1928, the Class "C" debuted in 1897. The main feature of the Class "C" was a third powered truck placed under the tender that created more tractive effort and a smoother ride. The Climax locomotives were built by the Climax Manufacturing Company of Corry, PA.
Painted Black, Unlettered: Locomotive can be customized to any Road Name you choose!
- DCC equipped for speed, direction, and lighting
- Dual-mode NMRA-compliant decoder with 8-pin plug
- Soundtraxx Tsunami sound technology with realistic whistle, bell, chuff, and clang in high-quality 16-bit sound
- Precision can motor with three gearbox power train simulates real operation
- Durable Die-Cast construction for years of enjoyment
- Attention to detail includes separately applied stack, domes, and cab
- Added realism with separately detailed parts including bell, whistle, pop valves, and handrails
- Scale Speed gearing
- All wheel electric pickup
- LED headlight and backup lights
- Detailed cab interior
- Walschaerts valve gear and prototype specific pumps
- E-Z Mate Mark II couplers
\Recommended for Ages 14 and Up.